DS Davaar Beta
What is it?
Davaar is a major software upgrade for all DS products. It introduces a number of new features for all DS products and lays the technical groundwork for future improvements. Davaar contains two new headline features:
OpenHome is an independent standard for networked home devices. Linn's DS devices are fully compatible with the OpenHome Audio Visual (AV) specification. OpenHome AV allows other manufacturer's digitial streaming products and control points to interact in a seamless way with Linn's DS.
You will need a Davaar compatible control point to utilise the Davaar beta for the DS. Kinsky Davaar has also entered its beta release and you will need it to control your Davaar DS. Other control points are being migrated to Davaar and will become available during the beta phase.
Where do I start?
- Ensure you are aware and agree with the requirements of being involved in Linn's beta programme
- Download and install the latest Davaar Linn Konfig application here (Available for Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms)
- Go to Tools->Options and select 'Show Beta Versions' from the Updates section of Linn Konfig
- Select your device from the list, go to the update tab, select the latest Davaar beta firmware release, and click update
- If you have multiple DS devices, you can select Tools->Update All Devices
- Linn Konfig Manual
Davaar 1-19 [expand/collapse]
Davaar 20-37 [expand/collapse]
Davaar 50 onwards [collapse/expand]
How do I report a defect?
- Post a description of the defect, with as much information as possible
- If possible, list the steps required to recreate the defect
What if I have problems updating?
Don't panic, the update process is safe, so you will always be able to recover your device
- Restart Linn Konfig. If your device reports a Davaar version, the update was successfull and you are done.
- If your device does not report a Davaar version, retry the update process
- If this fails, power cycle your device and try again
- If this fails, put your device into fallback (from the button on the back of the device) and try again
What if I want to revert to older versions of firmware?
- Only released versions of firmware are archived for the purpose of reverting
- Put your device into fallback mode from the button on the back of the device
- Download and install the compatible version of Konfig from the release download site (i.e. Cara Konfig if you are reverting to Cara firmware, Davaar for Davaar, etc)
- Download the version of firmware (zip file) you wish to use from the release download site (only firmware for your device model will work)
- Select your device from the list, click on the Configuration tab, and click the 'Reflash' button.
- Click 'Select Firmware' and point to the zip file you have downloaded and click 'Reflash'
- Keep in mind
- Only compatible control points will work with your device (i.e. Cara with Cara, Davaar with Davaar, etc)