- 1 General Linn DS/DSM FAQ's
- 1.1 Music formats
- 1.2 Upgrading software
- 1.3 Input/Outputs
- 1.3.1 How do I add Music to play on Linn DS
- 1.3.2 Will downloaded music play on the DS players?
- 1.3.3 Can I Airplay from my Android device?
- 1.3.4 After Updating to Davaar55 I can only get audio from my Exakt outputs and not the Analogue Out
- 1.3.5 Are the Digital outputs (Toslink/SPDIF) volume controlled?
- 1.4 General Q's
- 1.5 Linn PINS
- 1.6 Linn Songcast
- 1.7 There is a ! on the front panel of my Linn DS/DSM
- 1.8 The front panel of the DS is showing a flashing dot or lightening flash and I cannot see the Linn DS with Kazoo or Konfig
- 1.9 Linn DS/DSM Network requirements
- 1.10 Linn DS/DSI/DSM major changes
- 2 Klimax DS/DSM
- 3 Akurate DS/DSM
- 4 Majik DS/DSM
- 5 Linn Selekt
- 5.1 General operation
- 5.2 Music formats
- 5.3 Inputs/Outputs
- 5.3.1 How can I connect my headphones to the Selekt DSM?
- 5.3.2 Can I have both a Line level and Power amplifier module in the Linn Selekt?
- 5.3.3 is the output level of the Selekt DSM different from other Linn DS/DSM's?
- 5.3.4 Can I add a sub-woofer directly to the Power amplifier outputs on the Linn Selekt?
- 5.3.5 Can I fit another module and have a seperate volume control or a unity gain output?
- 5.3.6 Can I fit another Integrated Amplifier module and Bridge these to increase the Selekt Output power?
- 5.3.7 Can I connect Electrostatic loudspeakers, such as Martin Logan, to the Selekt DSM?
- 5.3.8 Is there a TAPE OUT on the Selekt DSM?
- 5.3.9 I have fitted a HDMI cartridge with Surround module, Can I add a second zone on the Selekt DSM?
- 5.3.10 If I play a turntable (MM or MC) why do I see "192kHz 24bit PCM" on display ?
- 5.3.11 Can I plug a USB stick into the USB socket of the Selekt DSM
- 5.3.12 How can I play my Computer Music on the Selekt DSM?
- 5.3.13 Is there a DIGITAL/SPDIF output?
- 5.3.14 My Selekt power amplifier is not working?
- 5.4 Selekt display questions
- 5.4.1 My Selekt DSM has a RED Linn symbol on the dial, what does this mean?
- 5.4.2 I get a flashing Linn icon on the volume dial, what does this mean?
- 5.4.3 Display is showing this icon beside the Volume indicator. What does this mean?
- 5.4.4 Is it normal that the Selekt DSM display cannot always stay on? Can I adjust the display timeout?
- 5.4.5 What does the shimmering dial mean?
- 5.4.6 What does the message "Incompatible hardware" mean?
- 5.5 IP Network
- 5.6 Reseting the Selekt DSM
- 6 Series 3
- 6.1 Does the Series 3 have an IR handset?
- 6.2 How do I do a "hard reset"/"Restore to Factory defaults" on the Series 3?
- 6.3 Can I use two Series3-301s for Stereo operation?
- 6.4 Can I use a Series3-301 with an LP12 turntable?
- 6.5 ARC - Audio Return Channel information
- 6.6 Specification
- 6.7 Initial Bluetooth pairing
- 7 Linn Sneaky Music DS/Sekrit DS
- 8 Linn Sneaky DSM/Sekrit DSM
- 9 Linn Kiko
General Linn DS/DSM FAQ's
What audio formats do the DS players support?
Why does Linn recommend FLAC?
Can the Linn DS/DSM play DSD music?
Does the Linn DS/DSM players play BBC Radio via TuneIn?
Does the Linn DS/DSM players play MQA?
Can the DS player play multi-channel files?
How do I upload new software into the Linn DS/DSM
More detailed instructions are listed HERE
How do I add Music to play on Linn DS
Will downloaded music play on the DS players?
Can I Airplay from my Android device?
After Updating to Davaar55 I can only get audio from my Exakt outputs and not the Analogue Out
How do I achieve gapless playback for live albums?
What is a PIN, check HERE for more detailed information.
There is a ! on the front panel of my Linn DS/DSM
There is a speaker setup issue on the Linn DS/DSM Surround Sound Rules
The front panel of the DS is showing a flashing dot or lightening flash and I cannot see the Linn DS with Kazoo or Konfig
This is the Linn DS either in "startup" mode or in "Waiting for Software" mode.
If you have any problems getting the Linn DS on an Ethernet network, (dot continuously flashing), try the following options:- Option1
You will find that some of the devices in the system get confused and cause system confusion. The power cycling will do a reset of the system and recover most issues.
Some networks only have a limited number of DHCP address’s. if you have already connected some PC’s to this system, your Router/DHCP server can remember these devices, (even though no longer connected) and will not allocated these previously assigned IP addresses to newly connected products. So the case of unplugging one device to free up an IP address for the DS to use will NOT work with most Routers/DHCP servers if there are no free DHCP IP addresses available.
This will give a better idea as to what is causing the problem. (98% of the time, this is due to a local network issue).
If you always get the flashing dot then the lightening flash symbol then the Linn DS/DSM needs to be programmed. Check the Konfig Manual > Updates section or contact your Linn Retailer to get assistance.
Linn DS/DSM Network requirements
ALL Linn DS/DSM products support 100Base-T connections and used on standard IPV4 network
Services, ports, protocols
Jumbo packet/frames networking
Multicast or Unicast
If you are using more than six Linn DS/DSM products in the same network and want to share/Songcast the music to other rooms then make sure the LAN can support Multicasting.
Linn DS/DSI/DSM major changes
> Major changes
Linn DS/DSI/DSM major changes
Can I use both the RCA and XLR outputs at the same time?
We advice that you only use the XLR (connector #8) output OR the RCA(connector #9) output. Never use both outputs as the RCA will degrade the XLR output audio.(When the output is set to RCA in Konfig this will ground part of the signal from the XLR-COLD connection.
Front display information
I have a Akurate DS/DSM and Akurate ExaktBox10 what can I upgrade to Katalyst?
If you are not using the Analogue outputs on Akurate DS/DSM then you only need the upgrade for the Exakt products (Akurate ExaktBox6/10, Akudorik, AkuBariks, Dorik stands).
The Majik DS, Akurate DS, Klimax DS, Sneaky Music DS and Sekrit DS can be connected to an external Linn Pre-Amplifier via RS232. This will allow control of the Linn Pre-Amplfier input selection and volume control via the control software. (Kinsky, Kazoo etc).
I want to connect an external amplifier to Line outs to my AV processor..
How do I find out if my Selekt module(s) have a KATALYST DAC?
I have put two or three cartridges in my Selekt DSM and it doesn't work
How do I trim the Surround channel levels?
You need to set up the Space Optimistation for you room first. After this is applied you can then trim each channel with the inbuilt noise generator.
Check Volume Equalisation
Can the Selekt DSM play DSD music?
How can I connect my headphones to the Selekt DSM?
Can I have both a Line level and Power amplifier module in the Linn Selekt?
is the output level of the Selekt DSM different from other Linn DS/DSM's?
The Line cartridge output on the is the same has the same output gain as other Linn DS/DSM products.
Can I add a sub-woofer directly to the Power amplifier outputs on the Linn Selekt?
Can I fit another module and have a seperate volume control or a unity gain output?
No, all Selekt modules and Exakt speakers/Exaktbox within the one product share a common volume control.
Can I fit another Integrated Amplifier module and Bridge these to increase the Selekt Output power?
No, the Selekt Integrated Amplifiers are already bridged Class-D amplifiers
Can I connect Electrostatic loudspeakers, such as Martin Logan, to the Selekt DSM?
As the Selekt DSM uses Class-D power amplfiers then the Selekt power amplifier is dependant on the inductive/capative load then the usual loading of Electrostatic loudspeakers may cause poor sounding instability.
Is there a TAPE OUT on the Selekt DSM?
No, all Selekt outputs are share the same common Volume control.
I have fitted a HDMI cartridge with Surround module, Can I add a second zone on the Selekt DSM?
With or without the HDMI cartridge the Selekt DSM shares the same volume control to all fitted cartirdges and Exakt products connected to it.
Feeding the left and right audio to another room will have a common same volume control with the main Selekt DSM room. (If do wire this up to share to another zone, when you have a surround source playing only the left/right audio is shared with the other zone. The other Surround channels will NOT be shared with this other zone)
If I play a turntable (MM or MC) why do I see "192kHz 24bit PCM" on display ?
Can I plug a USB stick into the USB socket of the Selekt DSM
How can I play my Computer Music on the Selekt DSM?
Is there a DIGITAL/SPDIF output?
My Selekt power amplifier is not working?
Selekt display questions
My Selekt DSM has a RED Linn symbol on the dial, what does this mean?
I get a flashing Linn icon on the volume dial, what does this mean?
Display is showing this icon beside the Volume indicator. What does this mean?
Is it normal that the Selekt DSM display cannot always stay on? Can I adjust the display timeout?
What does the shimmering dial mean?
This is to show that the Selekt DSM is starting up after a mains power on. It will typically do this for 30-45 seconds, but if the Linn Selekt DSM is performing a software update this may take a little longer.
What does the message "Incompatible hardware" mean?
You will probably have just fitted an HDMI module to the Linn Selekt DSM. Early Selekt DSMs had power supplies designed to work with specific cartridges only, but as the product has evolved, adding additonal modules may require higher rated power supplies to drive the additional hardware. With the above message, the Selekt DSM has identified that the fitted power supply is not suitable to supply all of the hardware currently fitted to the Selekt DSM and needs to be updated. The power supply is an easily replaced module that can be updated by Linn Retailers.
Note: MCAS 058/059 can be upgraded to SK CPSU1 or SK CPSU2
How do I find the IP address of my Selekt DSM?
Reseting the Selekt DSM
How do I do a FACTORY reset on the Selekt DSM?
How do I RECOVER on the Selekt DSM?
Does the Series 3 have an IR handset?
No, this control is performed by the top plate and via iPhone/iPad, Android, Windows10 and MAC Apps.
How do I do a "hard reset"/"Restore to Factory defaults" on the Series 3?
Can I use two Series3-301s for Stereo operation?
Can I use a Series3-301 with an LP12 turntable?
Yes, but this will only work with an Exakt-link. This requires the LP12 to be installed with a Urika-II and Radikal
ARC - Audio Return Channel information
This is a recent update and available on the Series3-301 product
Series 3 implements Bluetooth v4.2
Initial Bluetooth pairing
The On-line setup guide can be found
Linn Sneaky Music DS/Sekrit DS
The power amplifier does not work when I disable the volume control
When you disable the volume control then the Music DS will be giving out full volume. This may/will damage speakers so this internal amplifier is disabled. The Line Level outputs will give a full Line level output with volume control disabled.
Linn Sneaky DSM/Sekrit DSM
Difference between Sneaky DSM & Sekrit DSM
Sekrit DSM has
Sneaky DSM has
The Kiko is ONLY designed to work with supplied speakers. Do not try and change these speaker to another brand.