- 1 General Linn DS/DSM FAQ's
- 1.1 Music formats
- 1.2 Upgrading software
- 1.3 Input/Outputs
- 1.3.1 How do I add Music to play on Linn DS
- 1.3.2 Will downloaded music play on the DS players?
- 1.3.3 Can I Airplay from my Android device?
- 1.3.4 After Updating to Davaar55 I can only get audio from my Exakt outputs and not the Analogue Out
- 1.3.5 Are the Digital outputs (Toslink/SPDIF) volume controlled?
- 1.4 General Q's
- 1.5 Linn PINS
- 1.6 Linn Songcast
- 1.7 There is a ! on the front panel of my Linn DS/DSM
- 1.8 The front panel of the DS is showing a flashing dot or lightening flash and I cannot see the Linn DS with Kazoo or Konfig
- 1.9 Linn DS/DSI/DSM major changes
- 2 Klimax DS/DSM
- 3 Akurate DS/DSM
- 4 Majik DS/DSM
- 5 Linn Selekt
- 5.1 General operation
- 5.2 Music formats
- 5.3 Inputs/Outputs
- 5.3.1 Can I have both a Line level and Power amplifier module in the Linn Selekt?
- 5.3.2 Can I add a sub-woofer directly to the Power amplifier outputs on the Linn Selekt?
- 5.3.3 Can I fit another module and have a seperate volume control or a unity gain output?
- 5.3.4 Is there a TAPE OUT on the Selekt DSM?
- 5.3.5 If I play a turntable (MM or MC) why do I see "192kHz 24bit PCM" on display ?
- 5.3.6 Can I plug a USB stick into the USB socket of the Selekt DSM
- 5.3.7 How can I play my Computer Music on the Selekt DSM?
- 5.3.8 Is there a DIGITAL/SPDIF output?
- 5.3.9 My Selekt power amplifier is not working?
- 5.4 Selekt display questions
- 5.4.1 My Selekt DSM has a RED Linn symbol on the dial, what does this mean?
- 5.4.2 I get a flashing Linn icon on the volume dial, what does this mean?
- 5.4.3 Display is showing a icon beside the Volem indicator, what does this mean?
- 5.4.4 Is it normal that the Selekt DSM display cannot always stay on? Can I adjust the display timeout?
- 5.4.5 What does the shimmering dial mean?
- 5.5 IP Network
- 6 Linn Sneaky Music DS/Sekrit DS
- 7 Linn Sneaky DSM/Sekrit DSM
- 8 Linn Kiko
General Linn DS/DSM FAQ's
What audio formats do the DS players support?
Why does Linn recommend FLAC?
Can the Linn DS/DSM play DSD music?
Does the Linn DS/DSM players play MQA?
Can the DS player play multi-channel files?
How do I upload new software into the Linn DS/DSM
More detailed instructions are listed HERE
How do I add Music to play on Linn DS
Will downloaded music play on the DS players?
Can I Airplay from my Android device?
After Updating to Davaar55 I can only get audio from my Exakt outputs and not the Analogue Out
How do I achieve gapless playback for live albums?
What is a PIN, check HERE for more detailed information.
There is a ! on the front panel of my Linn DS/DSM
There is a speaker setup issue on the Linn DS/DSM Surround Sound Rules
The front panel of the DS is showing a flashing dot or lightening flash and I cannot see the Linn DS with Kazoo or Konfig
This is the Linn DS either in "startup" mode or in "Waiting for Software" mode.
If you have any problems getting the Linn DS on an Ethernet network, (dot continuously flashing), try the following options:- Option1
You will find that some of the devices in the system get confused and cause system confusion. The power cycling will do a reset of the system and recover most issues.
Some networks only have a limited number of DHCP address’s. if you have already connected some PC’s to this system, your Router/DHCP server can remember these devices, (even though no longer connected) and will not allocated these previously assigned IP addresses to newly connected products. So the case of unplugging one device to free up an IP address for the DS to use will NOT work with most Routers/DHCP servers if there are no free DHCP IP addresses available.
This will give a better idea as to what is causing the problem. (98% of the time, this is due to a local network issue).
If you always get the flashing dot then the lightening flash symbol then the Linn DS/DSM needs to be programmed. Check the Konfig Manual > Updates section or contact your Linn Retailer to get assistance.
Linn DS/DSI/DSM major changes
> Major changes
Linn DS/DSI/DSM major changes
Can I use both the RCA and XLR outputs at the same time?
We advice that you only use the XLR (connector #8) output OR the RCA(connector #9) output. Never use both outputs as the RCA will degrade the XLR output audio.(When the output is set to RCA in Konfig this will ground part of the signal from the XLR-COLD connection.
I have a Akurate DS/DSM and Akurate ExaktBox10 what can I upgrade to Katalyst?
If you are not using the Analogue outputs on Akurate DS/DSM then you only need the upgrade for the Exakt products (Akurate ExaktBox6/10, Akudorik, AkuBariks, Dorik stands).
The Majik DS, Akurate DS, Klimax DS, Sneaky Music DS and Sekrit DS can be connected to an external Linn Pre-Amplifier via RS232. This will allow control of the Linn Pre-Amplfier input selection and volume control via the control software. (Kinsky, Kazoo etc).
I want to connect an external amplifier to Line outs to my AV processor..
How do I find out if my Selekt module(s) have a KATALYST DAC?
I have put two or three cartridges in my Selekt DSM and it doesn't work
Can the Selekt DSM play DSD music?
Can I have both a Line level and Power amplifier module in the Linn Selekt?
Can I add a sub-woofer directly to the Power amplifier outputs on the Linn Selekt?
Can I fit another module and have a seperate volume control or a unity gain output?
No, all Selekt modules and Exakt speakers/Exaktbox within the one product share a common volume control.
Is there a TAPE OUT on the Selekt DSM?
No, all Selekt outputs are share the same common Volume control.
If I play a turntable (MM or MC) why do I see "192kHz 24bit PCM" on display ?
Can I plug a USB stick into the USB socket of the Selekt DSM
How can I play my Computer Music on the Selekt DSM?
Is there a DIGITAL/SPDIF output?
My Selekt power amplifier is not working?
Selekt display questions
My Selekt DSM has a RED Linn symbol on the dial, what does this mean?
I get a flashing Linn icon on the volume dial, what does this mean?
Display is showing a icon beside the Volem indicator, what does this mean?
Is it normal that the Selekt DSM display cannot always stay on? Can I adjust the display timeout?
What does the shimmering dial mean?
This is to show that the Sekrit DSM is starting up after a mains power on. It will typically do this for 30-45 seconds, but if the Linn Selekt DSM is doing a software update this may take a little longer.
How do I find the IP address of my Selekt DSM?
Linn Sneaky Music DS/Sekrit DS
The power amplifier does not work when I disable the volume control
When you disable the volume control then the Music DS will be giving out full volume. This may/will damage speakers so this internal amplifier is disabled. The Line Level outputs will give a full Line level output with volume control disabled.
Linn Sneaky DSM/Sekrit DSM
Difference between Sneaky DSM & Sekrit DSM
Sekrit DSM has
Sneaky DSM has
The Kiko is ONLY designed to work with supplied speakers. Do not try and change these speaker to another brand.