Operation with Linn DS/DSM
The following functionality is available on Linn DSM devices with Infra-Red (IR) control. If IR is not currently enabled on the Linn DSM then this can be done via Linn Konfig.
This IR handset can be used with ALL Linn DS/DSM products. Some functionality is configured by Linn Konfig (IR commands accepted) & Kazoo App (PINS).
To Enable IR
- Open Konfig
- Select the Linn DS/DSM
- Select the Configuration tab
- Set Handset Commands Accepted to All or CD depending on user requirement
- SLEEP - Will put the unit into / out of Sleep mode.
- NUMERICAL KEYS - Numerical input.
- ★ - Reserved for future use
- SHUFFLE - press to toggle Shuffle state
- NAVIGATION / SELECT - Up / down / left /right / enter keys for playlist navigation.
- Left and right keys
- Seek through tracks during playback
- go into and escape options...
- Up and down keys
- Scroll though Radio presets/playlist tracks
- Scroll through sources...
- PINS - For switching between PINS, these buttons will work with any Linn DS/DSM running Davaar 64 or higher.
- TRANSPORT CONTROLS - Play, pause, skip forward, skip back.
- Press and hold pause will stop playback
- MUTE - To mute / unmute volume.
- VOLUME + , - - Volume + , -.
- SOURCE + , - - Source + , -.
- INFORMATION - changes information displayed on the DSM
- front panel
- Press and release - toggles different display modes e.g. track
- number, bit rate etc
- Press and hold - scrolls the current track playing
Requirement: Davaar64 on Linn DS/DSM and minimum Kazoo 4.13
What is a PIN
A PIN is a shortcut on the Linn DS to allow to quickly select inputs, Radio stations, Albums etc. This from subscribed services such as Tidal, Qobuz Calm Radio and UPnP Media servers, (currently only Kazoo Server). Pin support for more UPnP Media Servers will be added in the near future.
You create the PINS actions from Kazoo for
Note: Windows7 Kazoo and MAC OSX 10.10 does not have the PIN function.
The six buttons on the front panel of the Selekt DSM are PIN buttons. Press one of those to get your selected Pin.
- We currently support pinning from Kazoo Server (V4.9.8 onwards) , Tidal, Qobuz, TuneIn, CalmRadio, DS radio presets, and Linn DSM external inputs
- This is only applicable with Linn DS/DSM players with Davaar 64 or higher firmware
- This currently does NOT support Pins to external pre-amplifier inputs, such as Akurate Kontrol, Kisto etc.
- PINs use discrete IR codes and are not used with any other Linn Product control.
- PINS for Radio stations are wrongly created with Kazoo V4.13.21, this has been fixed with next version 4.13.22. If you have created a Radio station PIN and it doesn't work, check you have a later version of Kazoo and re-assign this PIN to the correct radio station.
FAQ: IR Handset
- These IR handsets will have limited control of
- * Pre-amplifiers, (Kairn, Wakonda, Akurate Kontrol..) has Volume, Mute, Source+/-, (no direct source selection) and Standby (if applicable).
- * CD/DVD players, (Unidisk, Karik, Ikemi...) has basik transport (Play, Pause, Skip track +/-), track number selection, joystick, (if applicable) and Standby, (if applicable).
- * Radio, (Kudos, Kremlin..), no functionality