What is a Organik DAC
What is a DAC?
A DAC is a Digital to Analogue Convertor.
This takes a digital signal, (1's & 0's) and converts into analogue signal, ( ). This allows you to feed a digital stream of data and get an analogue signal from it.
Where are DAC's used in Linn DS/DSM products
- Linn DS/DSM products have two DACs, one for each local analogue audio output.
- Linn Exakt DS/DSM & Linn Systems Hubs have NO DACs. (There are NO analogue outputs on these products so no DAC's are required, ONLY Exakt-Link sockets)
- the Linn Selekt DSM each cartridge has its own DACs, each cartridge DAC will ONLY feed its own analogue outputs (line-level or Power Amplifier)
Points to note
- Each DAC only feeds the local audio outputs and NO effect on the any of other Linn DS/DSM outputs
- If you have a Linn DSM with Organik DACs these have NO EFFECT affect of the Exakt-link output(s).
- If you have a
- Then your system is non-ORGANIK. This is because the Klimax 350 do all of the digital processing within the speaker module. It is the speaker module internals that then use their inbuilt DACs to feed the module internal power amplifier and loudspeaker drive units. These model Klimax 350 are not fitted with Organik DACs.
Linn Products using Organik
For further assistance, try our customer support pages