- 1 Cables
- 2 EXAKT LINK terminations
- 3 Configurations
- 3.1 Klimax Exakt 350-Star Configuration
- 3.2 Klimax Exakt 350 Daisy Chain Configuration
- 3.3 Klimax Exakt 350 Star wiring and Urika II with Daisy chain wiring
- 3.4 Klimax ExaktBox Star Configuration
- 3.5 Klimax ExaktBox Daisy Chain Configuration
- 3.6 Akurate AkuBarik Star Configuration
- 3.7 Akurate AkuBarik Daisy Chain Configuration
- 3.8 Selekt DSM using full Exakt crossover system for 7.1 Surround Sound
- 3.9 Selekt DSM - front Exakt speakers & ExaktBox configured for Surround mode for 7.1 Surround Sound
- 4 EXAKT Trouble shooting
ALL FOUR pairs of the cables are used in the Exakt-Link cable. This is NOT an ethernet transport cable but an Exakt transport cable. These pairs are used to transmit the audio data, power triggers and a master timing control to ensure that the audio from all channels are in perfect sync.
The Exakt-link has been designed to operate with the CAT-5 cable electrical specifications for signal timings. There have been NO changes to this design for any other CAT cable standards. (updated 2019)
- We recommend using the 100Base-T4 / 568B ethernet cable pairing
- Exakt Link uses readily available network cables:
- CAT 5/5e UTP/FTP
- CAT 6/6a UTP/FTP
- Note: There is no change in the audio performance of the Exakt Link between Cat 5 or Cat 6 Cables.
Cat-7 and Cat-8 cables may not work well with an Exakt system. For a trouble-free, reliable, high performance installation, we recommend use of Cat 5 or Cat 6.
Typical Ethernet 100Base-T length restrictions guide:
- Patch cable < 30M
- Solid core cable < 100M
EXAKT-LINK CANNOT be used with:
- Ethernet Network Routers,
- Ethernet Network Switches,
- Ethernet Isolators,
- Ethernet conditioners,
- HomePlugs/Ethernet-over-Mains devices
- WLAN bridges etc
Exakt-Link can ONLY be a CAT5/6 cable from Exakt socket to Exakt socket
EXAKT LINK terminations
- The cables are paired up using OUT > IN style connections.
- Any Linn product with these sockets can be linked together. This means you can link a Klimax DS/2 to a Majik ExaktBox-I and have a fully working Exakt system
- Each Exakt-Link can supply data for multiple full-range speakers. This allows Exakt link products, such as Exakt speakers and the Exaktbox, to be daisy-chained or star wired
Examples of each configuration are shown below.
Note: All Exakt products use the same wiring scheme, this is not limited to Klimax Exakt products.
Klimax Exakt 350-Star Configuration
Klimax Exakt 350 Daisy Chain Configuration
Klimax Exakt 350 Star wiring and Urika II with Daisy chain wiring
Klimax ExaktBox Star Configuration
Klimax ExaktBox Daisy Chain Configuration
Akurate AkuBarik Star Configuration
Akurate AkuBarik Daisy Chain Configuration
Selekt DSM using full Exakt crossover system for 7.1 Surround Sound