Linn App Manual
- 1 Quick start
- 2 Overview
- 3 Download
- 4 FAQ
- 4.1 I have installed the Linn App on my iPhone and I cannot see any Rooms.. or states, "Waiting for Rooms"
- 4.2 How to add a music source in the Linn app
- 4.3 How to remove a music source in the Linn app
- 4.4 How to group rooms in the Linn app
- 4.5 How to copy/move Playlists created in Kazoo into Linn App
- Linn App settings include:
- System updates
- System Recovery
- Access to Manage Systems
- Adding removing Linn Products from your Linn Account.
- Songcast Grouping
- To UNGROUP, repeat the above procedure and press the UNGROUP button
- Group Volume
Apple iPad/iPhone requires IOS 12.0 or later. Android Phone/Tablet requires Android5 (Lollipop) or higher
- Linn quick and easy control of your Linn system
Linn is the quickest, easiest and most enjoyable way to control a Linn Music System, whether you have one or multiple systems throughout your home.
- Access to everything at your fingertips
- Global Search
- Easy access to lossless streaming services
- Access your playlists from anywhere
- Update your system from the app
- Take control of every room
Only available from Apple App store & Google Play
>Linn App History< shows changes in the Linn App software
Linn Ds/DSM software updates using Linn App
This is only valid for Linn DS/DSM that have already been loaded with Davaar 99, or higher, firmware (from approx April 2023). Otherwise, use the Konfig procedure.
I have installed the Linn App on my iPhone and I cannot see any Rooms.. or states, "Waiting for Rooms"
- 1. The first thing to do is QUIT the Linn App, that is, fully close the Linn App and restart it.
- This will force a fresh connection and rediscover your Linn DS/DSM products.
- 2.iPhone/iPad IOS 14.5 firmware and Linn App versions up to Linn App V 4.2.26 has Linn DS/DSM discovery issues. This has been fixed in Linn App 4.2.27 onwards.
How to add a music source in the Linn app
1. Tap the settings icon, tap ‘Add Music Sources’ 2. Tap the source you would like to add 3. Follow any on-screen instructions to add the source
How to remove a music source in the Linn app
1. Tap the settings icon, tap ‘Add Music Sources’ 2.Tap the source you would like to remove
1. From the Browse tab, Tap ‘Edit’ 2.Swipe or tap the delete icon on the source you would like to remove
How to group rooms in the Linn app
Grouping two or more systems together allows the systems to play the same music in perfect synchronisation.
How to group rooms
1. Tap the house icon 2. Tap ‘Group With’ and select the systems you want to add and tap ‘Group’
How to ungroup rooms 1. Tap the house icon 2. Tap ‘Configure Group’ and tap ‘Ungroup’ to remove the group
How to update a group 1.Tap the house icon 2.Tap ‘Configure Group’ and tap on the systems you want to add or remove and tap ‘Update’
How to update your Linn system 1. Tap the house icon 2. Tap ‘Update Systems’, if there are any updates available, tap ‘Update All’
How to copy/move Playlists created in Kazoo into Linn App
if you want to move Kazoo My Playlists to Linn App My Playlists then
- 1. Go into Kazoo My Playlist and load a playlist into your Linn DS/DSM
- 2. Within Linn App, press the Queue button/tab, this should show the tracks you have just loaded into the Linn DS/DSM from Kazoo My Playlists..
- 3. On the top right, select Edit
- 4. Now hit the button to clear the existing Linn DS/DSM playlist.
- 5: Repeat actions 1-3 until you hvae got all Playlists copied to Linn App
- You can check the Playlists you have created by looking into Browse - My Playlists list
- Make sure that you are logged into your Linn Account on the Linn App, Go into Linn App settings to validate this.