Klimax DSM (Exakt Variant)
- Product Name: Klimax DSM/1 (2014 Variant)
- Date of Introduction:June 2014 - Sept 2016
- Replaced by Klimax DSM/2 in 2016
- Type: Integrated digital music player and preamplifier
- Product Information sheet
Note: It should be noted that information may at times be out of date and should not be used as a current list of what upgrades are available.'
Back Panel Connections
- MAINS INPUT - To connect to the mains electricity supply.
- TOSLINK IN- To connect sources with Toslink (optical) digital outputs.
- ETHERNET - To connect to a network (100Base-T)
- SPDIF IN - To connect sources with Spdif digital outputs.
- EXAKT LINK - To connect to Exakt compatible devices (Exaktbox, Exakt Speakers, Urika II etc)
- EARTH GROUND - For connecting the unit to an earthing terminal if no mains earth is available or for joining the earths of other products in the system to improve perfromance in areas of poor/noisy electrical earth conditions.
- BALANCED IN RIGHT, LEFT - To connect sources with balanced (XLR) outputs. 1 2 (input transformer can be by-passed using Konfig)
- BALANCED OUT RIGHT, LEFT - To connect to a preamplifier (or power amplifier when internal volume control is enabled) with balanced (XLR) analogue inputs.2
- UNBALANCED OUT RIGHT, LEFT - To connect to a preamplifier (or power amplifier when internal volume control is enabled) with unbalanced (RCA) analogue inputs.2
- HDMI OUT - To connect to a display device with HDMI inputs.
- HDMI IN 1, 2, 3 - To connect sources with HDMI outputs.
- FALLBACK - To put the device into Fallback mode (used when reprogramming)
1 XLR to RCA adaptors are supplied for connecting sources with unbalanced outputs.
Input transformer can be enabled or disabled in Konfig setup
Note: Configuring to RCA will add a ground link to the audio tranformer causing an imbalance in the HOT and COLD XLR connections
2 Set to DELAY mode > DIRECT to pass through an Analogue volume control to the Analogue out.
Only use the XLR(8) output OR the RCA(9) output, never use both outputs as the RCA will degrade the XLR(8) output audio.
Check HERE for information of Exakt link connection
Klimax DSM/1 differences
Changes to Klimax DSM/1 compared to the Klimax DSM/0
- - 2off Exakt link sockets - To connect speakers/Tuneboxes with Exakt Link. This will allow audio from both the Analogue output and Exakt outputs.
- - 1off SPDIF input - The Klimax DSM/0 has 2off SPDIF inputs
- ON / OFF SWITCH
Please read the following carefully before installing the unit in your system – your unit may need to be reconfigured by your Linn retailer.
Exakt usage the the Exakt Klimax speakers can be found at Klimax Exakt System
Check Exakt trouble shooting if you have any issues with the Exakt system.
For further assistance, try our customer support pages