Klimax DS / 3/Setup
- 1 Product info
- 2 Initial Configuration
- 3 Back Panel connections
- 4 Front Panel Connections
- 5 Download App
- 6 Setup and changes
- 7 Space Optimisation
- 7.1 What is the difference between Space Optimisation & Space Optimisation+?
- 7.2 Is the Linn Account Manage systems only available for the new Linn DSM's
- 7.3 Why don't you use a Microphone in Space Optimisation?
- 7.4 Can I use "Linn Account Space Optimisation" with my Exakt system?
- 7.5 What are the differences between the Konfig Space Optimisation and Linn Account Space Optimisation?
- 8 General products manuals and information
- 9 Features
- 10 FAQ's
|• Product Name:||
|• Date of Introduction:||Sept 2016 - Sept 2018|
|• Type:||Digital music player with Katalyst DAC
& Exakt-link technology
Note: It should be noted that this upgrade information may at times be out of date and should not be used as a current list of what upgrades are available.
- Considerations before installation, make sure that you have
- A mains power socket
- Stable mains supply
- 100-120V rms 50~60Hz,
- 220-240V rms 50~60Hz
- a local LAN/Ethernet connection for this product
Please read the following carefully before installing the unit in your system – your unit may need to be reconfigured by your Linn retailer.
Back Panel connections
- MAINS INPUT - To connect to the mains electricity supply.
- EXAKT LINK - To connect to Exakt compatible devices (Exaktbox, Exakt Speakers, Urika II etc)
- ETHERNET - To connect to a network (100Base-T)
- RS232 PORTS - For connection to Linn source products without ethernet ports.
- FALLBACK - Used when reprogramming the unit.
- EARTH GROUND - For connecting the unit to an earthing terminal if no mains earth is available or for joining the earths of other products in the system to improve perfromance in areas of poor/noisy electrical earth conditions.
- UNBALANCED OUT RIGHT, LEFT - To connect to a preamplifier (or power amplifier when internal volume control is enabled) with unbalanced (RCA) analogue inputs.
- BALANCED OUT RIGHT, LEFT - To connect to a preamplifier (or power amplifier when internal volume control is enabled) with balanced (XLR) analogue inputs.
Exakt Link uses readily available network cables:
- CAT 5 UTP/FTP
- CAT 6 UTP/FTP
Note: There is no change in the audio performance of the Exakt Link between Cat 5 or Cat 6 Cables.
Exakt Systems can be configured either a star from the system master or as a daisy chain configuration. Examples of each configuration is shown below.
Note: There is no change in audio performance between the star configuration or the daisy chain configuration.
For more examples and information check HERE
To enable Exakt options on the Exakt DS ensure that the internal volume control is turn ON in Konfig.
Front Panel Connections
- POWER SWITCH- For switching the power to the unit on and off
The Linn DS/DSM can be done from many control points at the same time.
- The name of this control App/software is KAZOO..
- Kazoo control App/software is available for
- Windows PC's,
- MAC computers,
- Android phones/tablets and
- Apple iPhone/iPads.
- You can download the Apps from: www.Linn.co.uk > Menu > The Linn control App - Kazoo
- Kazoo control App/software is available for
Setup and changes
There are two ways to configure, (if required), your Linn DS/DSM player/Speakers etc:
This Konfig App can be downloaded from KONFIG App
This will allow to change the Room name, Kiko name, input name and other settings. This can be changes by yourself and/or your Linn Retailer.
Details of most of the options are listed in the Konfig Manual, this covers a lot of options
This does not have as many features as the Konfig App, above, but will allow you to do most of your changes.
Before you do anything you will need to have a Linn Account. This is a simple process and can only be performed using the Kazoo App.
Details on how to create your Linn Account and how to use Manage systems can be found in the Manage Systems page.
for ALL Linn DS/DSM products
Linn Account Space Optimisation
from Davaar64 =>
Linn Konfig Space Optimisation
& Space Optimisation+
Linn Space Optimisation is currently configurable using either the Konfig app or the Linn Account Manage systems.
Click the above picture/icon for more information of that version of Space Optimisation.
More details of what Space Optimisation is can be found at www.Linn.co.uk
What is the difference between Space Optimisation & Space Optimisation+?
- Space Optimisation is for NON-Exakt systems. This uses the direct analogue outputs of the Linn DS/DSM
- Space Optimisation+ is for Exakt speaker. This is used for loudspeakers fed via the Exakt-link AND used with as a digital crossover. The "plus" is to signify the more detail that is capable within the Exakt system and Space Optimisation.
Is the Linn Account Manage systems only available for the new Linn DSM's
- Both Applications can be used for ALL Linn Products.
- The only limitation is that the Linn DS/DSM must have Davaar64 to run Linn Account Manage systems]
Why don't you use a Microphone in Space Optimisation?
- Check this link for more detail.
Can I use "Linn Account Space Optimisation" with my Exakt system?
- From November 2019 you can now use Linn Account Space Optimisation with Stereo and Surround Exakt systems.
What are the differences between the Konfig Space Optimisation and Linn Account Space Optimisation?
- The differences are explained HERE