The Linn DS/DSM IS a ROON CERTIFIED device
The Linn DS/DSM requires Davaar63 (May 2018) or later firmware to work with Roon V1.5 and above.(That is, if your Linn DS/DS/HUB has had a software update after May 2018 then you can use Roon)
The Linn DS/DSM is a "Roon Tested network player"
This allows full hi-res audio, (192k/24bit) playback controlled by the Roon system
Songcast is used to share audio between Linn Products when using Roon. It does not use RAAT (Roon Advanced Audio Transport) for sharing Music so cannot be setup as a Roon-Ready sharer.
On Linn DS proxy setups, Linn DS with Linn Kontrol preamplifer connected with RS232, the Roon volume control will not control the Linn Kontrol volume. This will only work with Linn DSM or Linn DS with internal volume control disabled.
A Roon HUB is required in your network system to allow Roon to control your Linn DS/DSM.
ENABLE the Linn DS/DSM player in the Roon - Settings - Audio - NETWORKED section.
In the Settings > Setup make sure that the Subnet of Linn Streaming is the same as the network that the Linn DS is on. Otherwise they will not show in the Audio
Primary control is through Roon.
:Transport IR is disabled on the Linn DS/DSM when the Roon input is selected from Linn DS firmware release Davaar80 (Nov 2020)
Roon uses the Linn DS/DSM as a media player, the control interface IS Roon.
- • I cannot see any Linn DS in the Audio list...
- If you cannot see any Linn DS product in the Audio list then check that with the setup the correct Linn Streaming subnet (network address range).
- E.g. if you Linn DS has IP address 192.168.1.34 then its subnet is 192.168.1.0
- • I am only getting Airplay quality audio from the Linn DS using Roon
- In Roon Audio setup, you will have a similar setup with Roon tested devices with the ENABLE button:
- The Linn DS/DSM products have to be declared as "Roon Tested", Networked devices in the Roon Core settings. (The "AIRPLAY" option for the Linn DS/DSM must be disabled within the Roon Core).
- Click on the Roon Ready - Enable and give a name to the Linn DS/DSM. (In the example below this has been named Merlin Lounge)
- • I press STOP and the Roon starts playing again...
- Transport (play / pause / stop) and Volume can be controlled using Kazoo or Ir handset. Although later versions of Roon will counteract these commands. Only use the Roon controller software to control what is playing.
- Linn DS Firware Davaar80 onwards will disable transport controls whilst on the Roon input of the LInn DS/DSM
- • If I select an external source whilst playing Roon, I need to reselect the source to get it Playing.
- This can be due to a confusion as the Roon will send a Stop command to the Linn DSM as you exit the Roon source. However, as the Linn DSM will probably have changed to this new source, then this new source is stopped by Roon. On external sources this can only be recovered by selecting another source and going back to originally selected source.
- The solution is to Stop or Pause the Roon source BEFORE you change to the a different input on the Selekt DSM.