Akurate DSM (4K compatible)
- Product Name: Akurate DSM/2 (Variant 2014, HDMI 2)
- Software version: Akurate DSM Mk2
- Replaced by Akurate DSM/3 in 2018
- Date of Introduction: Sept 2016 - March 2018
- Type: Integrated digital music player and preamplifier
Note: It should be noted that this upgrade information may at times be out of date and should not be used as a current list of what upgrades are available.
Back Panel Connections
- MAINS INPUT - To connect to the mains electricity supply.
- FALLBACK - To put the device into Fallback mode (used when reprogramming)
- ETHERNET - To connect to a network (100Base-T)
- EXAKT LINK - To connect to Exakt compatible devices (Exaktbox, Exakt Speakers, Urika II etc)
- ANALOGUE INPUTS (XLR, line level) - To connect sources with balanced (XLR) outputs.2
- ANALOGUE INPUTS (RCA, phono/line level) - To connect a turntable or line level source with unbalanced (RCA) outputs.1 2 (Default MC phono)
- PHONO GROUND - To connect to a turntable grounding terminal.
- ANALOGUE OUTPUTS (XLR,variable level) - To connect to a preamplifier (or power amplifier when internal volume control is enabled) with balanced (XLR) analogue inputs.2
- ANALOGUE OUTPUTS (RCA, variable level) - To connect to a preamplifier (or power amplifier when internal volume control is enabled) with unbalanced (RCA) analogue inputs.
- DIGITAL INPUTS (Spdif) - To connect sources with Spdif (RCA) digital outputs.
- DIGITAL OUTPUT (Spdif) - To connect to an external DAC or computer that has an Spdif digital input.
- DIGITAL INPUTS (Toslink) - To connect sources with Toslink (optical) digital outputs.
- DIGITAL OUTPUT (Toslink) - To connect to an external DAC or computer that has a Toslink (optical) digital input.
- HDMI INPUTS - To connect sources with 1.4 & 2.03 HDMI outputs.
- HDMI OUTPUT - To connect to a display device with 1.4 & 2.03 HDMI inputs.
- EARTH GROUND - To connect to an earthing terminal if no mains earth is available or to join to the earths of other products in the system to improve performance in areas of poor/noisy electrical earth conditions.
1 Input 3 is a configurable input, which is factory set as a moving coil phono input for connection to turntables. This can be changed by a Linn dealer to a moving magnet phono input or a line-level input.
2 Analogue inputs (including front panel AUX IN), can be pass through an Analogue volume control to the Analogue out when Delay mode set to DIRECT on these inputs.
3 Supports HDCP 2.2 up to and including 60Hz UHD. We recommend using HDMI Certified cables
Front Panel Connections
- MUTE BUTTON - Mutes/unmutes the audio
- VOLUME ADJUST BUTTONS - Changes the volume up/down
- SOURCE SELECT BUTTONS - Changes to the previous/next source
- SLEEP BUTTON - Brings the unit in/out of sleep mode
- FRONT PANEL DISPLAY
- HEADPHONE OUTPUT - To connect to stereo headphones with a 3.5mm input
- AUX SOURCE INPUT - To connect to a stereo audio source with a 3.5mm output 2
- POWER SWITCH- Switches the power on/off
Please read the following carefully before installing the unit in your system – your unit may need to be reconfigured by your Linn retailer.
Exakt usage with the Akurate DSM/2 can be found in Akurate_Exakt_System
Front display information
- "No Network/LAN" indicates that the Linn DS/DSM/HUB does not have a live computer network connection. This can simply be that the cable is loose or that your computer network/LAN is off/not connected.
!indicates that the Linn DS/DSM/HUB is expecting to see all of the pre-configured Exakt devices, (Exakt speakers, Exakrbox.., Urika-II) connected but it cannot see them. This is typically because the Exakt devices are physically disconnected from the Exakt-link network, they physically have no power going to them or the Linn DS/DSM/HUB has prevously been configured for these products but have not been removed from its setup.
For further assistance, try our customer support pages