The Linn DS/DSM/HUB can be controlled by a number of different formats:
- This is the primary control of the Linn DS/DSM/HUB. Using "Ds" as the UPnP Device with a core of common Services. Additional Services are added with the products capabilities.
- The Linn DS/DSM/HUB can also be controlled using the "UPnPAv" Device.
2.LPEC (Linn Products Event Control)
- This uses the TELNET port of the Linn DS and uses the same UPnP commands as above but in command line form. Each Linn DS can support up to five simultaneous LPEC sessions and gives you most of the control functionality that you require.
- Examples of LPEC can be found HERE with documentation HERE
- Note: ALmost all Linn DS/DSM players can be controlled by LPEC. The only exception is the Kustom DSM. In the Kustom DSM LPEC will control the streamer(s) but will not control the attached zones.
3. Open Home API
- The Linn DS API’s are  This is open source code that can be used by anyone. This can be memory hungry due to some of the streaming service options such as Tidal.
4. Kazoo Gateway Finally if you run the Kazoo Server, (the Linn UPnP Media server), this gives you the option of a Gateway functionality. This will allow you use a websocket and have full control with Tidal, Qobuz, Tunein usage. These can produce very large response strings so the Savant will need a lot of processing power is this is to be used its full capability.