Template:Samples:Kus DSM 1
A 5 zone system with the Kustom DSM Z4 and Series3 DSM
Click on the above image to download PDF version
- Streamer1 is feeding the
- Zone1: Lounge zone and
- Zone4: Patio zone.
- Streamer 1 Sources
- TV-ARC: giving audio from Set top box(Satellite.Cable etc), Game station, Bluray, Aerial broadcasts etc
- Analogue: giving audio from CD Player*
- TOSLINK: giving audio from DAB/FM radio*
- SPDIF: giving audio from DAT Player*
- Streamer2 is feeding the
- Zone2: Bedroom and
- Zone3: Bathroom.
- Streamer 2 Sources
- Analogue: unused in this sceanrio
- TOSLINK: unused in this sceanrio
- SPDIF: unused in this sceanrio
- Series3 DSM is feeding the Kitchen
Note: * These are only example stereo sources. The Kustom DSM already had streaming playback to allow Music from internet radio, Tidal, Qobuz, Calm radio & playlists. Each Streamer source is dedicated to that Streamer and cannot be linked seperately to another streamer. If you are using Crestron or Control4 the you MUST have the Linn Kazoo Server - Gateway service running.
This will allow you to.....
- Lounge & Patio to each have their own volume and Standby controls and listen to the Kustom Streamer1streaming sources., as well as TV audio, CD player, DAB/FM etc.
- Kitchen to listen to the Series3 streaming sources
- Bedroom & Bathroom to each have their own volume and Standby controls and listen to the Kustom Streamer2 streaming sources., as well as TV audio((+BluRay) etc.
- The Series3 (Kitchen) can share its audio to the Streamer1 (Lounge and/or Patio) and/or streamer2 (Bedroom and/orBathroom) and subsequent zones.
- Streamer1 can share its audio with the Series3 and/or streamer2 (Bedroom and/or Bathroom)
- Streamer2 can share its audio with the Series3 and..or Streamer1 (Lounge and/or Patio)
- This will allow you to have Party music from one source or each Streamer/Linn DS/DSM listen to it own Music.
- Crestron works well with the the Kazoo/LinnApp and will update its User Interface whenever there are changes with the Kazoo/Linn App
- Each Streamers source can ONLY be shared to other Streamers and Zones using the Songcast App. That is, that Streamer must be playing that source BEFORE it can be shared.
- You can easily share the Analogue source outputs with different Streamer inputs.
- Or if the sources also have Toslink or SPDIF outputs then these other source outputs can be shared with different streamer inputs.
- From Kazoo V4.13.67 & LinnApp V4.2.13 this now allows seperate Standby controls of each Streamer and Znne. The only restriction is when you bring a Streamer out of Standby then this will bring all dedicated Zones out of Standby. If you then keep the Streamer out of Standby then you can put each zone in and out of Standby independently.