Akurate DSM (Exakt Variant)
- Product Name: Akurate DSM/1 (Variant 2014)
- Date of Introduction: June 2014 - Sept 2016
- Replaced by Akurate DSM/2 in 2016
- Type: Integrated digital music player and preamplifier
HDMI 2.0 Upgrade
Back Panel Connections
- MAINS INPUT - To connect to the mains electricity supply.
- FALLBACK - To put the device into Fallback mode (used when reprogramming).
- ETHERNET - To connect to a network.
- EXAKT LINK- To connect to Exakt compatible devices
- ANALOGUE INPUTS (XLR, line level) - To connect sources with balanced (XLR) outputs.2
- ANALOGUE INPUTS (RCA, phono/line level) - To connect a turntable or line level source with unbalanced (RCA) outputs.1 2 (Default MC phono)
- PHONO GROUND - To connect to a turntable grounding terminal.
- ANALOGUE OUTPUTS (XLR,variable level) - To connect to a preamplifier (or power amplifier when internal volume control is enabled) with balanced (XLR) analogue inputs.2
- ANALOGUE OUTPUTS (RCA, variable level) - To connect to a preamplifier (or power amplifier when internal volume control is enabled) with unbalanced (RCA) analogue inputs.
- DIGITAL INPUTS (Spdif) - To connect sources with Spdif (RCA) digital outputs.
- DIGITAL OUTPUT (Spdif) - To connect to an external DAC or computer that has an Spdif digital input.
- DIGITAL INPUTS (Toslink) - To connect sources with Toslink (optical) digital outputs.
- DIGITAL OUTPUT (Toslink) - To connect to an external DAC or computer that has a Toslink (optical) digital input.
- HDMI INPUTS - To connect sources with HDMI 1.4 outputs.
- HDMI OUTPUT - To connect to a display device with HDMI 1.4 inputs.
- EARTH GROUND - To connect to an earthing terminal if no mains earth is available or to join to the earths of other products in the system to improve performance in areas of poor/noisy electrical earth conditions.
1 Input 3 is a configurable input, which is factory set as a moving coil phono input for connection to turntables. This can be changed by a Linn dealer to a moving magnet phono input or a line-level input.
2 Analogue inputs (including front panel AUX IN), can be pass through an Analogue volume control to the Analogue out when Delay mode set to DIRECT on these inputs.
Akurate DSM/1 Differences
To see the differences between the Akurate DSM products check here
Front Panel Connections
- MUTE BUTTON - Mutes/unmutes the audio
- VOLUME ADJUST BUTTONS - Changes the volume up/down
- SOURCE SELECT BUTTONS - Changes to the previous/next source
- SLEEP BUTTON - Brings the unit in/out of sleep mode
- FRONT PANEL DISPLAY
- HEADPHONE OUTPUT - To connect to stereo headphones with a 3.5mm input
- AUX SOURCE INPUT - To connect to a stereo audio source with a 3.5mm output 2
- POWER SWITCH- Switches the power on/off
Please read the following carefully before installing the unit in your system – your unit may need to be reconfigured by your Linn retailer.
Exakt usage with the Akurate DSM/1 can be found in Akurate_Exakt_System
For further assistance, try our customer support pages