The open nature of Linn's DS products allow any interested party to write their own application and interact with the DS. The following pages document the interfaces the DS exposes.
DS releases are cateogrised by the name of a Scottish island. Any DS software release described by the same island is interface compatible. This means that properly written applications written against that island will work across all releases of that island. More information is available here: Software Compatibility Families
- Cara Documentation
- Bute Documentation
- Auskerry Documentation
Prior to the full release of a new island, Linn provides development releases to allow external developers to update their applications to work with the new interfaces. Development releases are for developers, not early adopters. Although they are feature complete, there are still a number of bugs, some of them potentially bad.
- Development releases can be downloaded from: http://products.linn.co.uk/VersionInfo/Downloads/Development/
- Developers should report defects via the products trac database: http://products.linn.co.uk/trac/
- Questions, comments, and concerns should be raised in the development forum: http://forums.linn.co.uk/bb/forumdisplay.php?fid=5
- A considerable amount of BSD licensed source code is available for reuse and/or sample code on Linn's Open Source Software site: http://oss.linn.co.uk/
The easiest way to upgrade your device(s) to the latest development firmware is to download the latest development version of LinnConfig from the developer downloads location, and enable the 'Show Development Releases' option (Tools->Options->Updates, 'Show Advanced Options' must also be enabled). If you then right click on your device, you will be given the option to Update to the latest development firmware. At this point, all development builds will appear automatically (as long as you have not ticked Tools->Options->Updates->Turn Off Automatic Update Check).
CARA Beta release
- Cara 1 -- 3.1.1 (Initial release) | 3.1.2 | 3.1.3 | 3.1.4 | 3.1.5 | 3.1.8 | 3.1.9 | 3.1.10 | 3.1.11 | 3.1.12 | 3.1.13