What is a beta programme?
Linn has a beta programme to allow external use and testing of new software and hardware prior to its formal release. Whilst we provide and test against recommended environments, in an open system, there are many different tweaks and changes that DS customers can employ. The beta programme helps ensure that an upcoming release of software works in as many of those different environments as possible.
Characteristics of a Linn beta release
- All intended features of the upcoming release are implemented.
- It functions reasonably well on at least one recommended environment.
- It has had some internal testing against that recommended environment.
- Discussion and support take place on Linn's Development Forum
- Beta releases are not supported by the Linn Service Department; this includes downgrading to previous releases
- Bugs can be reported on Linn's Development Forum
Who should participate in the beta programme?
Technically advanced DS users who:
- Don't mind if their DS doesn't play any music for a couple of hours, or even a couple of days.
- Don't mind that they can't use all of their current control points.
- Are willing to discuss their experiences on Linn's Development Forum
- Are willing to raise bugs on Linn's Development Forum and then track and test the potential solutions to those bugs.
- Want to ensure their environment has robust support when the software is fully released.
How do I participate in the beta programme?
The following products are currently in beta:
Subscribe to the Beta RSS feed to keep up to date with the latest Beta releases: