DS Davaar Beta
What is it?
Davaar is a major software upgrade for all DS products. It introduces a number of new features for all DS products and lays the technical groundwork for future improvements. Davaar contains two new headline features:
- OpenHome compatibility
OpenHome is an independent standard for networked home devices. Linn's DS devices are fully compatible with the OpenHome Audio Visual (AV) specification. OpenHome AV compatibility will allow the DS to interoperate with other manufacturer's digitial streaming products and control points.
Songcast allows a DS to tune into another DS. A DS can songcast to more than one DS. Further, a DS can songcast no matter what source is selected.
You will need a Davaar compatible control point to utilise the Davaar beta for the DS. KinskyDesktop Davaar has also entered its beta release and you will need it to control your Davaar DS. Other control points are being migrated to Davaar and will become available during the beta phase.
Where do I start?
- Ensure you are aware and agree with the requirements of being involved in Linn's beta programme
- Download and install the latest Davaar Linn Konfig application here (Available for Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms)
- Go to Tools->Options and select 'Show Beta Versions' from the Updates section of Linn Konfig
- Select your device from the list, go to the update tab, select the latest Davaar beta firmware release, and click update
- If you have multiple DS devices, you can select Tools->Update All Devices
- Linn Konfig Manual
How do I report a defect?
- Login to our defect tracking site
- If you don't have a login name and password, please send a request to email@example.com
- Follow the instructions listed for 'Creating a New Ticket'
- Once created, your ticket is assigned an engineer and will be investigated
- All progress made on the ticket will be emailed to you as it is updated
What if I have problems updating?
Don't panic, the update process is safe, so you will always be able to recover your device
- Restart Linn Konfig. If your device reports a Davaar version, the update was successfull and you are done.
- If your device does not report a Davaar version, retry the update process
- If this fails, power cycle your device and try again
- If this fails, put your device into fallback (from the button on the back of the device) and try again
What if I want to go back to Cara?
- You must first complete the Davaar upgrade process once it has been started
- Put your device into fallback mode from the button on the back of the device
- Download and install the latest Cara Linn Konfig application (3.10.6) here
- Select your device from the list and go to the update tab.
- Select device firmware from the dropdown box and select the latest Cara firmware release and update
- Keep in mind
- Davaar control points will no longer work with your device
- Potential intermittent hiss on outputs when an analog source is active
- Potential time shift when changing tracks between different sample rates over Songcast
- Home plugs will only provide limited Songcast functionality.
- May not achieve the maximum of 6 synchronous rooms
- May not achieve studio master distribution using Songcast