The small form-factor pluggable (SFP), is a compact, hot-pluggable network interface module that plugs into the Linn DS/DSM and network devices. This will a connector, such as the LC connector with fibre optic cables to provide Ethernet to the products.
- Examples of 1G SFP Multimode Modules:
- H!Fiber.com : ASF85-24-X2-Cisco-2pcs-HF(EU)
- II-VI / Finisar : FTLF8519P3BNL
DO NOT use SFP+ 10G Multimode modules
For more information check
- Optical cable is colour coded as described here: Fibre Optic cable.
- More info on cable classes here: Multi-Mode fibre