- Product Name: Majik-I
- Date of Introduction: October 2007
- Type: Integrated preamplifier and power amplifier
Back Panel Connections
- MAINS INPUT - To connect to the mains electricity supply.
- SPEAKER OUTPUTS - To connect to loudspeakers
- ANALOGUE OUTPUTS (RCA, variable level) - To connect to a power amplifier with unbalanced (RCA) inputs.
- ANALOGUE OUTPUTS (RCA, fixed level) - To connect to an analogue recording device with unbalanced (RCA) inputs.
- ANALOGUE INPUTS (RCA, line level) - To connect sources with unbalanced (RCA) analogue outputs. Input 6 is a configurable input, which is factory set as a moving magnet phono input for connection to turntables. It can be changed by a Linn dealer to a line-level input or a moving coil phono input (moving coil is an optional upgrade).
- EARTH GROUND - To connect to a turntable grounding terminal, or an earthing terminal if no mains earth is available, or to join to the earths of other products in the system to improve performance in areas of poor/noisy electrical earth conditions.
- RS232 PORTS - For connection to Linn source products without ethernet ports.
Front Panel Connections
- MUTE BUTTON - Mutes/unmutes the audio
- FRONT PANEL DISPLAY
- STANDBY BUTTON - Brings the unit in/out of standby
- VOLUME ADJUST BUTTONS - Changes the volume up/down
- HEADPHONE OUTPUT (3.5mm stereo) - To connect to headphones
- AUXILIARY SOURCE INPUT (3.5mm stereo) - To connect to an analogue stereo audio source
- SOURCE ADJUST BUTTONS - Changes to the previous/next source
Please read the following carefully before installing the unit in your system – your unit may need to be reconfigured by your Linn retailer.
For further assistance, try our customer support page
The setup menus can be used to configure the Majik-I to customise aspects of its operation to suit your requirements, to operate in a particular type of installation, or to view important functional data.
Entering and Navigating setup Using the Front Panel
- Press and Hold the MUTE button until "Main Menu" appears on the front panel display.
- Navigate up or down the options within a menu using SOURCE+ or SOURCE-
- Press VOLUME+ or STANDBY to select an option.
- Press VOLUME- to go back to the previous option or menu.
- Press MUTE to exit Setup.
NOTE: For each option the currently selected setting will be indicated by a tick beside it.
The Main Menu Menu consists of four sub Menus: