Moving coil cartirdge
In order to better Kandid, we needed to look further afield, and at more varied materials. We conducted extensive experiments; auditioning different materials and configurations for the body, inserts, cantilever, suspension, windings and leads. The result is Ekstatik – the new jewel in the crown of the Linn cartridge range.
Note: Ekstatik requires at least 15hrs ‘burn-in’; we’ve found that performance continues to improve and reaches its peak after ~40hrs.
• A micro-ridge stylus on a sapphire cantilever makes for an extraordinarily responsive cartridge.
• Featuring aluminium-bronze inserts, to reap the sonic benefits of this alloy.
• Bespoke honeycomb cut into the cartridge body means mass is reduced to our preferred sweet spot of close to 7g.
• Designed to outperform our Kandid MC cartridge.
If the Ekstatik cartridge has been provided with 2 long and 1 short screws (later cartridges have been supplied with 3 short screws):
- The long screws are only for the outer/side mounting points.
- The short screw is for the rear centre mount