Akurate Music Server Media Import
The AMS (Akurate Music Server) supports automatic import of FLAC media into the AMS media library. FLAC files with valid meta-data can be copied into the Media Import directory on the NAS. The AMS will import these files and they will be available for playback via the AMS control interface.
- Ensure Media Import Enabled box is checked
Importing media from an external ripper, (eg, EAC or RipStationMicroDS) can be used with this feature.
- Configure your ripping software to copy ripped files to the Media Import directory on the NAS. Your ripping program should be configured to rip to the FLAC media format and contain valid track meta-data.
By default the Media Import directory is "/Media/import" on the AMS NAS.
Ripping options are configurable from the AMS web interface.
- You can edit the Tags and ANY file on the AMS NAS. The only restriction is that you CANNOT change the FILENAME or DIRECTORY of the Music. (The AMS database is built on the filename and locations. It does NOT use the Tags, thus these can be edited to whatever you want.)
- If you want to change the AMS media name, this can only be done via the LINNTEK software. When you edit the media name using the LINNTEK software, this changes the database information for that file in that directory. It does nothing with that Media file.
- When you rip a CD in to the AMS, if you have this configured (via the web-interface) to Rip as FLAC, it will rip the CD in FLAC with the metadata AGS added. This simplifies the process of adding Music to the AMS and DS.