Template:Issues:Konfig Known Issues
Konfig not reverting back to non-Beta Application version
If you have unchecked the Beta application release of Konfig this only stops checking to see if a beta release exists. It does NOT revert you back to the official release.
If you want to install the official release then go to www.Linn.co.uk/software and redownload/install the current version of Konfig.
- 1. Go into Google Chrome - Settings - Show advance settings
- 2. Select Privacy - Content settings
- 3. OK out of this & restart Konfig
- MAC OSX
- 1. Go into Preferences - Java
- 2 Go to Security and reduce security level from Very High to High
- 3 Ok out of this and restart Konfig
- If this does not cure the issue then in MAX OSX
- 1. Run Konfig
- 2. Open Internet Explorer/Safari
- 3. Type in http://localhost:5011 into the IE address bar
- 4. If Safari reports "Safari can’t open the page “http://localhost:5011”, because the server "localhost” is missing" then
- Open the Utilities/Terminal App and type sudo nano /etc/hosts you should see some text. It should look like this:
## # Host Database # # localhost is used to configure the loopback interface # when the system is booting. Do not change this entry. ## 127.0.0.1 localhost 255.255.255.255 broadcasthost ::1 localhost
- if this file/box is empty then enter the information shown above, into the /etc/host box and exit by using the "ctrl" X keys then Y to confirm the save. We want to save the fie in Mac format, so press the Esc (Escape) key and then press M (this is what the M- means in the help bar).
- 5. Reboot your MAC to ensure that these new settings are being used and retry Konfig.
- After the update some PC/MAC cannot find any Linn DS/DSM products:
Do the following procedure:
- 1. If you are using Norton Anti-virus, make sure that the new Konfig is added an exception
- 2. Restart your PC/MAC and retry Konfig 10
- a) Press the SHOW DEVICES button
- b) If a number appears beside the Updates tab (top of Konfig screen,
- i) Press the Updates tab and press UPDATE beside your Linn DS/DSM name
- ii) Wait until he update is finished and Press the SHOW DEVICES button. Your DS should now appear.
If your Linn DS/DSM is not listed
- 3. Press the ADVANCED tab and see if your Linn DS/DSM is listed here
- If neither of these two options work
- Follow the Konfig 10 diagnostics
- If doing a Advanced download Konfig reports "cannot find directory.."
- Check that
- 1. You can typed the correct file location and file name in to the download field
- 2. Konfig 4.10.5-4.11.2 needs internet access before doing the file update. Make sure that you have an Internet link BEFORE opening Konfig
- When entering the room dimensions in Space Optimisation, clicking the tick box deletes the values entered
- Use the 'Enter' key or the 'Tab' key instead of the tick box.