This will work with Linn DS/DSM products running Davaar23 firmware. This can be updated using the Konfig software. To create and add Tidal tracks to a Linn DS/DSM playlist you require Kazoo UI version 4.3.653 or higher.
Tidal is supported in countries listed HERE on the Tidal website
The Tidal is broadcast from the Internet straight to the Linn DS/DSM. This means that the control point does not need to be powered on.
- 1 Tidal 90day free voucher
- 2 Does the Linn DS/DSM do Tidal Master streaming
- 3 Tidal streaming issues
- 3.1 Tidal keeps rejecting my Login on Kazoo/Linn App
- 3.2 I can only stream Tidal from one of my Linn DS/DSM's
- 3.3 Setting up a Tidal account, I get an error “Sorry, no flowId is set up…”.
- 3.4 In Kazoo UI the login screen icon just keeps spinning
- 3.5 Kazoo UI does not show the Tidal option
- 3.6 On Kazoo UI a red message stating "Connection failed"
- 3.7 Music from Tidal is dropping out
Tidal 90day free voucher
- Note: This trial is only available to new Tidal subscribers.
- You can get a free 90day trial voucher from Linn by:
- Open up Kazoo UI and select the "Settings"
- Within Settings page select the "Register your Linn Products"
- After you enter you details you will receive (in your email) a voucher
- Go to www.tidalhifi.com in your browser
- Below the "Try Now" click on the "Do you have a voucher?" text. Enter your voucher number "Continue" with the screen instructions.
- When you have a Password, enter your Email and password into the Kazoo Tidal request window. This will open the your selection window. Use this like a UPnP Media and add the Music on the Playlist in the same manner.
Music on the Playlist can be Tidal Music mixed with local UPnP Media server music. That is, the Music can be local music and Tidal music in your Playlist
Does the Linn DS/DSM do Tidal Master streaming
No, Tidal Masters use anwhich the Linn DS/DSM does not support. Any Tidal Masters will play as standard CD quality audio.
Tidal streaming issues
Tidal keeps rejecting my Login on Kazoo/Linn App
Due to recent changes, Sept/Oct 2020, Tidal requires to be login into a new Server. This is implemented in Firmware Davaar79. This can be done using the Konfig App or speak to your Linn dealer to perform this action.
I can only stream Tidal from one of my Linn DS/DSM's
Check which Tidal Streaming account you have, It is only the Family account that allow multiple LInn DS/DSM to play different Tidal streams at the same time. Check Tidal Subscription types
If you are playing different Tidal tracks on multiple Linn DS/DSM and Kustom DSM Streamers you will usually find that this will only Play one track and Stop. You need to have a Family account to Play on Linn DS/DSM, Kustom DSM Streamers & Tidal Apps
Setting up a Tidal account, I get an error “Sorry, no flowId is set up…”.
Either the Tidal service or Linn’s voucher codes are not yet supported in the user’s country. User should contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details
In Kazoo UI the login screen icon just keeps spinning
Try power cycling the Linn DS/DSM then reselecting the Tidal box in Kazoo UI
If you are using a BT Home hub5 check that Smart Setup is turned OFF
Kazoo UI does not show the Tidal option
Check that you are using Kazoo UI V4.3.653 or higher. Check, via Konfig, that the Playlist source is visible.
On Kazoo UI a red message stating "Connection failed"
This can be the Linn DS may not have internet access or the Tidel Music server is offline.
Press the Logout button, then try to Login again. This will normally fix the issue. If doesn't check:
- If you are using a BT Home hub5 check that Smart Setup is turned OFF
- On the Linn DS select the Radio input and check that you can get internet Radio from this input. This will tell you if your DS has internet access.
- Try power cycling the Linn DS/DSM then retry selecting Tidal Music selection.
If points 1 or 2 do not make any difference please contact email@example.com
Music from Tidal is dropping out
It may also be due to your Network Router connecting you to a distant Tidal server. Check that the Router DNS settings are set for Google public DNS
Music from Tidal is CD quality, audio drop out can be caused by your internet/broadband struggling with the high bandwidth data/Music stream, (especially during holiday period, or certain times of the day the internet can be very busy with kids games, iTunes streaming, Businesses, etc within your local area, (or household)).
By default the Linn DS/DSM gets CD quality audio from Tidal. If the drop out are frequent you can
- Go into Konfig > Your DS/DSM > Tidal and
- change the Audio Quality from “Lossless(FLAC)” to “High (AAC 320K)” or “Low (AAC 96k)”.
This will allow you to listen to Tidal Radio until your internet/broadband can cope with the higher data rates. (This Audio quality is changed when the next track starts)
Note: if you are using Airplay this will typically use the High (AAC 320K) stream.