ARC - Audio Return Channel
Only the Klimax DSM / Akurate DSM / Majik DSM with HDMI2 boards (>Sept 2016) plus the Selekt DSM & Series 3 (301) will support this connection.
ARC setting on your Television vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. So please double check your TV setup manual.
Common issues for the lack of ARC audio:
- 1. The standard Linn DSM can only playback stereo audio. If the TV is set to output Dolby Digital or other Surround format then the Linn DSM will not play this audio and stay silent.
- > Make sure the audio output is set to "STEREO"'
- > If you are using an built-in service to the TV, such as Netflix, Amazon Prime etc, that you control from the TV handset then try a standard aerial TV channel or an external Satellite receiver and find out if you get any audio back from these TV sources.
- 2. The TV audio setup may be conflicting with itself.
- > If possible do an "AV RESET" or equivalent on your TV, then setup for Audio format - Stereo and CEC-enabled (CEC can go by different names AnyNet+, Veiralink, SimpLink, Sony Bravia Sync,RIHD, Kuro Link..... etc. Check what your TV call it)
- > In the worst case the simplest solution is to do a FACTORY DEFAULT/RESET on the TV. There may be a conflicting hidden setting that is causing all these issues, a Factory default will clear this and allow a fresh connection.
- 3. You are connected to the wrong socket on your TV.
- > Check the Linn DSM HDMI output is connected to the TV socket that states "ARC"
- 4. Sony TV's and SKY-Q: It has been reported that this configuration can cause lack of ARC audio. When it does work,sometimes there is a crack/bang noise from the speaker when the system is put to Sleep/Standby.
- > The solution is to disable HDMI control on the SKY-Q box and power cycle all of the products. (This is primarily an issue between Sky-Q and Sony Tv's communications)
- 5 Playstation5 (PS5): This can confuse the TV and what it is controlling the volume of, (the Linn DSM or PS5).
- > The solution is In the PS5 setting go into HDMI > Enable HDMI Device Link > Off .
Common issues for the lack of ARC audio periodically muting:
- 1. Due to the introduction of eARC, some TV have this implements in different ways. The solution is:
- > if your Linn DSM has the "eARC Mode" option in then turn this OFF
- > If your TV has the option to disable the eARC functionality, then also turn this OFF