- Product Name: Akurate DSM
- Date of Introduction: November 2011
- Type: Integrated digital music player and preamplifier
Back Panel Connections
- MAINS INPUT - To connect to the mains electricity supply.
- FALLBACK - To put the device into Fallback mode (used when reprogramming).
- ETHERNET - To connect to a network.
- ANALOGUE INPUTS (XLR, line level) - To connect sources with balanced (XLR) outputs.
- ANALOGUE INPUTS (RCA, phono/line level) - To connect a turntable or line level source with unbalanced (RCA) outputs*.
- PHONO GROUND - To connect to a turntable grounding terminal.
- ANALOGUE OUTPUTS (XLR,variable level) - To connect to a preamplifier with balanced (XLR) inputs.
- ANALOGUE OUTPUTS (RCA, variable level) - To connect to a preamplifier with unbalanced (RCA) inputs.
- DIGITAL INPUTS (Spdif) - To connect sources with Spdif (RCA) digital outputs.
- DIGITAL OUTPUT (Spdif) - To connect to an external DAC or computer that has an Spdif digital input.
- DIGITAL INPUTS (Toslink) - To connect sources with Toslink (optical) digital outputs.
- DIGITAL OUTPUT (Toslink) - To connect to an external DAC or computer that has a Toslink (optical) digital input.
- HDMI INPUTS - To connect sources with HDMI outputs.
- HDMI OUTPUT - To connect to a display device with HDMI inputs.
- EARTH GROUND - To connect to an earthing terminal if no mains earth is available or to join to the earths of other products in the system to improve performance in areas of poor/noisy electrical earth conditions.
* Input 3 is a configurable input, which is factory set as a moving coil phono input for connection to turntables. This can be changed by a Linn dealer to a moving magnet phono input or a line-level input.
Front Panel Connections
- MUTE BUTTON - Mutes/unmutes the audio
- VOLUME ADJUST BUTTONS - Changes the volume up/down
- SOURCE SELECT BUTTONS - Changes to the previous/next source
- SLEEP BUTTON - Brings the unit in/out of sleep mode
- FRONT PANEL DISPLAY
- HEADPHONE OUTPUT - To connect to stereo headphones with a 3.5mm input
- AUX SOURCE INPUT - To connect to a stereo audio source with a 3.5mm output
- POWER SWITCH- Switches the power on/off
Please read the following carefully before installing the unit in your system – your unit may need to be reconfigured by your Linn retailer.
- Unpacking - Please read the information on unpacking your Akurate DSM.
- Positioning - Please read the information on positioning your Akurate DSM.
HDMI Audio Bypass Mode
During normal HDMI operation, with an HDMI input selected for listening, the DSM will not pass audio to the HDMI output and any attached HDMI downstream devices (example TV).
Audio is only passed to the HDMI output when the DSM is in HDMI Audio Bypass Mode. This mode can be activated either by entering sleep/standby mode or by selecting a non HDMI input for listening.