- Product Name: Sneaky DSM
- Date of Introduction: February 2013
- Type: Integrated digital music player, pre-amplifier, and power amplifier
- Dimensions: 350 mm (width) x 54.5 mm (height) x 215 mm (depth)
Back Panel Connections
- MAINS INPUT - To connect to the mains electricity supply.
- FALLBACK- To put the device into Fallback mode (used when reprogramming).
- ETHERNET - To connect to a network.
- HDMI OUTPUT - To connect to a display device with HDMI inputs.
- HDMI INPUTS (3) - To connect sources with HDMI outputs.
- ANALOGUE OUTPUT (RCA, variable/fixed level) - To connect to subwoofer or external power amplifier (or pre amplifier when internal volume control is disabled, this will also disable the internal Power amplifier/speaker outputs) with unbalanced (RCA) analogue inputs.
- DIGITAL INPUT (Toslink) - To connect sources with Toslink (optical) digital outputs.
- DIGITAL INPUT (Spdif) - To connect sources with Spdif (RCA) digital outputs.
- ANALOGUE INPUT (line level) - To connect a turntable or line level source with unbalanced (RCA) outputs.
- SPEAKER OUTPUTS - To connect to loudspeakers, Neutrik 4 pole connector
Front Panel Connections
- Front Slot - contains the IR sensor and the Standby LED
STANDBY LED FUNCTIONS
|Device in standby||Device active (will also pulse on IR command received)||Searching for IP address (boot)||Fallback (reprogramme)|
The Sneaky DSM has 4 DAC channels and 4 Power Amplifiers. These amplifiers can be configured in stereo mode or bi-amped mode (via Konfig). All speaker outputs (and Analogue Output) share the same common Volume control.
Connections to the speakers are made via Neutrik Speakon connectors, NL4FX. Neutrik Speakon Assembly Instructions
The stereo mode is best suited to connecting to passive one-way speakers. Power output is 33W/channel (2 x 33).
1+ -> Speaker + 1- -> Speaker - 2+ -> Not Connected 2- -> Not Connected
The bi-amped mode is best suited to connecting to passive two-way speakers. Power output is 33W/channel (4 x 33).
1+ -> Speaker 1+ 1- -> Speaker 1- 2+ -> Speaker 2+ 2- -> Speaker 2-
Please read the following carefully before installing the unit in your system – your unit may need to be reconfigured by your Linn retailer.