- Product Name: ARKO
- Date of Introduction: Jun 2022
- Type: Turntable tonearm
One of the earliest Sondek LP12 magazine adverts bore the straightforward headline “Simplicity!”. We have returned to basics with Arko, by removing all bar the mission-critical elements, boiling these down to their fundamental essence, and then honing what was left to superlative standards. Perfectly poised and rigorously refined, Arko is effortful simplicity.
By design, Arko is a simple tonearm – though it’s precisely simple. Its elevated performance is testament to its refined simplicity; the key decisions made when designing its components, and their constituent materials.
Arko is an original, high-performance tonearm, and our first entirely new model since 2006. Rigid in construction and fluid of motion, great effort was taken during this tonearm’s development to ensure that it retains both fundamental simplicity and superlative performance.
Arko consists exclusively of machined parts in order to improve audio performance, engineering tolerances, and precision
- 7075-grade aluminium used throughout arm wand, to produce superb resonant behaviour
- Machined headshell with weight reduction pockets for increased agility
- Cold-drawn 7075 aluminium arm tube produced to exceedingly high tolerances and accuracy
- Gimballed design results in improved depth, impact, and emotion conveyed
- Machined stainless-steel counterweight decreases arm wand inertia
- Single piece, polished stainless-steel through-spindle for improved alignment and stability
Your ARKO, will need to be installed and configured by your Linn retailer.
For further assistance, try our customer support pages