Majik DSM (Exakt Variant)
- Product Name: Majik DSM/2 (2015 Variant)
- Date of Introduction: April 2015 - Sept 2016
- Replaced by Majik DSM/3 in 2016
- Type: Integrated digital music player, preamplifier and power amplifier
Back Panel Connections
- MAINS INPUT - To connect to the mains electricity supply.
- HDMI INPUTS - To connect sources with 1.4 & 2.31 HDMI outputs
- HDMI OUTPUT - To connect to a display device with 1.4 & 2.31 HDMI/HDMI ARC inputs.
- EARTH GROUND - To connect to a turntable grounding terminal, or an earthing terminal if no mains earth is available, or to join to the earths of other products in the system to improve performance in areas of poor/noisy electrical earth conditions.
- DIGITAL INPUTS (Spdif) - To connect sources with Spdif (RCA) digital outputs.
- DIGITAL OUTPUT (Spdif) - To connect to an external DAC or computer that has an Spdif digital input.
- DIGITAL INPUTS (Toslink) - To connect sources with Toslink (optical) digital outputs.
- DIGITAL OUTPUT (Toslink) - To connect to an external DAC or computer that has a Toslink (optical) digital input.
- ETHERNET - To connect to a network.
- FALLBACK - To put the device into Fallback mode (used when reprogramming)
- ANALOGUE INPUTS (RCA, line level) - To connect sources with unbalanced (RCA) analogue outputs. Input 4 is a configurable input, which is factory set as a moving magnet phono input for connection to turntables. It can be changed by a Linn dealer to a line-level input or a moving coil phono input (moving coil is an optional upgrade).
- PRE OUT/PWR IN (RCA, configurable in Konfig)
- PRE OUT
- Variable Connect to a power amplifier with unbalanced (RCA) inputs (default)
- Fixed (line level) Connect to a preamplifier with unbalanced (RCA) input
- PWR IN: Use as a direct input to the internal Majik DSM power amplifer for use with an Exakt setup (ie system with an Akurate Exaktbox 6 and an existing 4 channel amp. This allows you to make use of the Majik DSM's internal power amp for an additional 2 amplified channels).
- KONFIG SETTINGS FOR PRE OUT/PWR IN USE CASES
Exakt Channel Allocation
Internal Volume Control
Pre Out/Power In Connector Mode
DUAL Analogue/Exakt Stereo
Preout/Variable (Default) None Enabled PRE OUT1 Disabled Analogue out to power amp Preout/Variable Left, Right Enabled PRE OUT1 Enabled Exakt out and analogue out but out of sync Preout/Fixed None Disabled PRE OUT1 Disabled Analogue out to preamp, poweramp disabled Preout/Fixed (Invalid) Left, Right (N/A) Disabled PRE OUT1 Enabled No Exakt out when volume control is disabled PwrIn None Enabled PWR IN2 Disabled Use case: Akurate DS, Majik DSM as power amp only PwrIn Left, Right Enabled PWR IN2 Enabled Example use case: AK ExaktBox, Majik 4100 PwrIn (Invalid) None Disabled PWR IN2 Disabled Power amp disabled when volume control disabled PwrIn(Invalid) Left, Right Disabled PWR IN2 Enabled Power amp disabled when volume control disabled
- PRE OUT
- ANALOGUE OUTPUTS (RCA, fixed level) - To connect to an analogue recording device with unbalanced (RCA) inputs.
- SPEAKER OUTPUTS - To connect to loudspeakers
- EXAKT LINK - To connect to Exakt compatible devices
1 'PRE OUT' option formerly labelled (incorrectly) as 'Input' in Konfig
2 'PWR IN' option formerly labelled (incorrectly) as 'Output' in Konfig
Check HERE for information of Exakt link connection
Front Panel Connections
- MUTE BUTTON - Mutes/unmutes the audio
- FRONT PANEL DISPLAY
- SLEEP BUTTON - Brings the unit in/out of sleep mode
- VOLUME ADJUST BUTTONS - Changes the volume up/down
- HEADPHONE OUTPUT (3.5mm stereo) - To connect to headphones
- AUXILIARY SOURCE INPUT (3.5mm stereo) - To connect to an analogue stereo audio source
- SOURCE SELECT BUTTONS - Changes to the previous/next source
- POWER SWITCH- Switches the power on/off.
Please read the following carefully before installing the unit in your system – your unit may need to be reconfigured by your Linn retailer.
For further assistance, try our customer support pages