<< Akurate EXAKT DSM/0 (Original)
Akurate System Hub >>
AKURATE EXAKT DSM
- Product Name: Akurate Exakt DSM/1 (Variant 2016 - HDMI 2)
- Other variants of this product can be found at Akurate DSM varinats
- Date of Introduction: Sept 2016 - Sept 2018
- Replaced by Akurate System Hub in 2018
- Type: Integrated digital music player and preamplifier
- Linn Surround Module for bitstream Surround sound decoding
Note: It should be noted that this upgrade information may at times be out of date and should not be used as a current list of what upgrades are available.
Linn Support Site
Latest software releases
Details of latest Product release software
Using the Linn DS/DSM/HUB with IR handset, PC, MAC, Android tablet, iPad/iPhone...
Remote Control manual
Product setup:Konfig user manual
Space Optimisation (Advanced)
Surround Sound with Exakt systems
Warranty Terms and Conditions
Third Party Software Copyright
Front Panel Connections
The Akurate Exakt system has NO headphone socket on the front panel. If you wish to use headphones we would suggest using a headphone amplifier that can take either Toslink or SPDIF from the Akurate Exakt DSM Toslink/SPDIF outputs.
- MUTE BUTTON - Mutes/unmutes the audio
- VOLUME ADJUST BUTTONS - Changes the volume up/down
- SOURCE SELECT BUTTONS - Changes to the previous/next source
- SLEEP BUTTON - Brings the unit in/out of sleep mode
- FRONT PANEL DISPLAY
- POWER SWITCH- Switches the power on/off
- MAINS INPUT - To connect to the mains electricity supply.
- FALLBACK - To put the device into Fallback mode (used when reprogramming)
- ETHERNET - To connect to a network (100Base-T)
- EXAKT LINK - To connect to Exakt compatible devices (Exaktbox, Exakt Speakers, Urika II etc)
- ANALOGUE INPUT 1 (XLR, line level) - To connect sources with balanced (XLR) outputs.
- ANALOGUE INPUTS 2&3 (RCA, phono/line level) - To connect a turntable or line level3source with unbalanced (RCA) outputs1. (Default MC phono)
- PHONO GROUND - To connect to a turntable grounding terminal.
- ANALOGUE OUTPUTS - Not available
- ANALOGUE OUTPUTS - Not available
- DIGITAL INPUTS (Spdif) - To connect sources with Spdif (RCA) digital outputs.
- DIGITAL OUTPUT (Spdif) - To connect to an external DAC or computer that has an Spdif digital input.
- DIGITAL INPUTS (Toslink) - To connect sources with Toslink (optical) digital outputs.
- DIGITAL OUTPUT (Toslink) - To connect to an external DAC or computer that has a Toslink (optical) digital input.
- HDMI INPUTS - To connect sources with 1.4 & 2.02 HDMI outputs.
- HDMI OUTPUT - To connect to a display device with 1.4 & 2.02 HDMI inputs.
- EARTH GROUND - To connect to an earthing terminal if no mains earth is available or to join to the earths of other products in the system to improve performance in areas of poor/noisy electrical earth conditions.
1 Input 3 is a configurable input, which is factory set as a moving coil phono input for connection to turntables. This can be changed by a Linn dealer to a moving magnet phono input or a line-level input.
2 Supports HDCP 2.2 up to and including 60Hz UHD. Certifiied HDMI cables to ensure all HDMI capabilities
3 Input 3 can be adjusted for different Phono stages or Line level by reconfiguring a circuit board within the Linn DS.
Each of the Exakt Link ports have two status LED's. The function of these LED's is given below:
Flash / Blink
||Link Port Disabled
||Link Port Enabled
Please read the following carefully before installing the unit in your system – your unit may need to be reconfigured by your Linn retailer.
Exakt usage with the Akurate Exakt DSM can be found in Akurate_Exakt_System
Tidal This will work with Linn DS/DSM products running Davaar23 firmware. This can be updated using the Konfig software.
- To create and add Tidal tracks to a Linn DS/DSM playlist you require Kazoo or Linn App
- Tidal is supported in countries listed HERE on the Tidal website
- Check for Tidal FAQ's with LInn DS/DSM
- Qobuz Streaming CD or Hi-Res quality music
- To create and add Qobuz tracks to a Linn DS/DSM playlist you require Kazoo or Linn App
- Check for Qobuz FAQ's with LInn DS/DSM
- Calm Radio "Music that helps you get through the day "
- To create and add Calm Radio tracks to a Linn DS/DSM playlist you require Kazoo or Linn App
- Check Check for Calm Radio FAQ's with Linn DS/DSM
- Spotify Connect can now be used on Linn products using firmware Davaar59 (Aug 2017) or later firmware. (That is, if your Linn DS/DSM has had a software update after Aug 2017 then you can use Spotify connect)
- This allows you to select and Play your Spotify music on your Linn DS/DSM players and use the internal volume control on the Linn DS/DSM.
- To connect up your Spotify account to the Linn DS/DSM :
- On your control device, iPad/Android/PC/MAC etc, connect to the same computer network as you Linn DS/DSM
- Start your Spotify app, (if it is already open then close the App, wait a few seconds, and open the App)
- Now check the Spotify Speakers icon to find your Linn DS. (In some cases you may have to power cycle your Linn DS/DSM before this is seen)
- Select you Linn product and you can now play to the Linn DS/DSM from the Spotify account and control the Linn DS/DSM volume.
This is web controlled and if your Linn DS/DSM has already been paired with your Spotify account you will be able to control even if you are not on the same ethernet network.(So be careful that if you accidentally select the Linn DS/DSM as a Spotify speaker and put the volume up high and you are not at home)
- Check FAQ SpotifyConnect for more information.
The Linn DS/DSM IS a ROON CERTIFIED device
The Linn DS/DSM requires Davaar63 (May 2018) or later firmware to work with Roon V1.5 and above.(That is, if your Linn DS/DS/HUB has had a software update after May 2018 then you can use Roon)
The Linn DS/DSM is a "Roon Tested network player"
This allows full hi-res audio, (192k/24bit) playback controlled by the Roon system
Songcast is used to share audio between Linn Products when using Roon. It does not use RAAT (Roon Advanced Audio Transport) for sharing Music so cannot be setup as a Roon-Ready sharer.
On Linn DS proxy setups, Linn DS with Linn Kontrol preamplifer connected with RS232, the Roon volume control will not control the Linn Kontrol volume. This will only work with Linn DSM or Linn DS with internal volume control disabled.
A Roon HUB is required in your network system to allow Roon to control your Linn DS/DSM.
ENABLE the Linn DS/DSM player in the Roon - Settings - Audio - NETWORKED section.
Primary control is through Roon.
:Transport IR is disabled on the Linn DS/DSM when the Roon input is selected from Linn DS firmware release Davaar80 (Nov 2020)
Roon uses the Linn DS/DSM as a media player, the control interface IS Roon.
- • I am only getting Airplay quality audio from the Linn DS using Roon
- In Roon Audio setup, you will have a similar setup with Roon tested devices with the ENABLE button:
- The Linn DS/DSM products have to be declared as "Roon Tested", Networked devices in the Roon Core settings. (The "AIRPLAY" option for the Linn DS/DSM must be disabled within the Roon Core).
- Click on the Roon Ready - Enable and give a name to the Linn DS/DSM. (In the example below this has been named Merlin Lounge)
- • I press STOP and the Roon starts playing again...
- Transport (play / pause / stop) and Volume can be controlled using Kazoo or Ir handset. Although later versions of Roon will counteract these commands. Only use the Roon controller software to control what is playing.
- Linn DS Firware Davaar80 onwards will disable transport controls whilst on the Roon input of the LInn DS/DSM
- • If I select an external source whilst playing Roon, I need to reselect the source to get it Playing.
- This can be due to a confusion as the Roon will send a Stop command to the Linn DSM as you exit the Roon source. However, as the Linn DSM will probably have changed to this new source, then this new source is stopped by Roon. On external sources this can only be recovered by selecting another source and going back to originally selected source.
- The solution is to Stop or Pause the Roon source BEFORE you change to the a different input on the Selekt DSM.
- This can now be used on Linn products using firmware Davaar82 (July 2021) or later firmware.
- To create and add Deezer tracks to a Linn DS/DSM playlist you require the Linn App
- This function is NOT available on the Kazoo or Kinsky Apps
- The Deezer is broadcast from the Internet straight to the Linn DS/DSM and you use the Linn App to select and play the Music on the Linn DS/DSM.
- Check for Deezer FAQ's with Linn DS/DSM
- AirPlay is a Apple protocol that allows wireless streaming media.
- The Linn DS/DSM/HUB can take the audio stream via the "Netlink" input.
- Check <HERE> for any issues with Airplay
For further assistance, try our customer support pages