Akurate DSM /0 (2011 Variant)
|• Product Name:||
AKURATE DSM (Variant 2011)
|• Date of Introduction:||November 2011 - May 2014|
|Replaced by the Akurate DSM/1 in June 2014|
|• Type:|| Integrated digital music player
Back Panel Connections
- MAINS INPUT - To connect to the mains electricity supply.
- FALLBACK - To put the device into Fallback mode (used when reprogramming)
- ETHERNET - To connect to a network.
- ANALOGUE INPUTS (XLR, line level) - To connect sources with balanced (XLR) outputs.2
- ANALOGUE INPUTS (RCA, phono/line level) - To connect a turntable or line level source 3 with unbalanced (RCA) outputs1+2. (Default MC phono)
- PHONO GROUND - To connect to a turntable grounding terminal.
- ANALOGUE OUTPUTS (XLR,variable level) - To connect to a preamplifier (or power amplifier when internal volume control is enabled) with balanced (XLR) analogue inputs.2
- ANALOGUE OUTPUTS (RCA, variable level) - To connect to a preamplifier (or power amplifier when internal volume control is enabled) with unbalanced (RCA) analogue inputs.
- DIGITAL INPUTS (Spdif) - To connect sources with Spdif (RCA) digital outputs.
- DIGITAL OUTPUT (Spdif) - To connect to an external DAC or computer that has an Spdif digital input.
- DIGITAL INPUTS (Toslink) - To connect sources with Toslink (optical) digital outputs.
- DIGITAL OUTPUT (Toslink) - To connect to an external DAC or computer that has a Toslink (optical) digital input.
- HDMI INPUTS- To connect sources with HDMI outputs.
- HDMI OUTPUT - To connect to a display device with HDMI inputs.
- EARTH GROUND - To connect to an earthing terminal if no mains earth is available or to join to the earths of other products in the system to improve performance in areas of poor/noisy electrical earth conditions.
1 Input 3 is a configurable input, which is factory set as a moving coil phono input for connection to turntables. This can be changed by a Linn dealer to a moving magnet phono input or a line-level input.
2 Analogue inputs (including front panel AUX IN), can be pass through an Analogue volume control to the Analogue out when Delay mode set to DIRECT on these inputs.
3 This input can be adjusted for different Phono stages or Line level by reconfiguring a circuit board within the Linn DS.
Front Panel Connections
- MUTE BUTTON - Mutes/unmutes the audio
- VOLUME ADJUST BUTTONS - Changes the volume up/down
- SOURCE SELECT BUTTONS - Changes to the previous/next source
- SLEEP BUTTON - Brings the unit in/out of sleep mode
- FRONT PANEL DISPLAY
- HEADPHONE OUTPUT - To connect to stereo headphones with a 3.5mm input
- AUX SOURCE INPUT - To connect to a stereo audio source with a 3.5mm output 2
- POWER SWITCH- Switches the power on/off
Please read the following carefully before installing the unit in your system – your unit may need to be reconfigured by your Linn retailer.
Front display information
- "No Network/LAN" indicates that the Linn DS/DSM/HUB does not have a live computer network connection. This can simply be that the cable is loose or that your computer network/LAN is off/not connected.
!indicates that the Linn DS/DSM/HUB is expecting to see all of the pre-configured Exakt devices, (Exakt speakers, Exakrbox.., Urika-II) connected but it cannot see them. This is typically because the Exakt devices are physically disconnected from the Exakt-link network, they physically have no power going to them or the Linn DS/DSM/HUB has prevously been configured for these products but have not been removed from its setup.
(H) 90 mm x (W) 379 mm x (D) 378 mm
|Weight||5.84 kg / 12.8 lb|
|Mains supply voltage||(auto ranging) |
|Power consumption||Sleep 8 W|
|Power continuous||32W max|
|Supported file types||FLAC, WAV, MP3, AAC, AIFF/AIFC, ALAC, OGG/VORBIS, WMA, DSD (DSF and DFF)|
|Audio sample rates||7.35 k, 8 k, 11.025 k, 12 k, 14.7 k, 16 k, 22.05 k, 24 k,29.4 k, 32 k, 44.1 k, 48 k, 88.2 k, 96 k, 176.4 k, 192 k|
|Word depths||16–24 bits|
|Control protocol||Compatible with UPnP™ media servers, UPnP™ AV 1.0 control points|
|Volume Control||Analog Attenuation Selectable: 0 / -12 / -24 dB
Digital Gain Range -80db to +20dB Digital Gain Resolution 1dB
1off XLR Balanced Line Level
|2off RCA Unbalanced Line level,
+54 dB @ 1 kHz (low gain setting)
|1off Aux Input (front panel) 3.5mm socket
|3off SPDIF |
|4off HDMI |
||1off XLR Output
|2off RCA Outputs :
|1off 3.5mm Headphone Output :
|1off SPDIF Output :(Line level . NO volume control)
|1 x TOSLINK :(Line level . NO volume control)|
|1 x HDMI
For further assistance, try our customer support pages