- Product Name: Sekrit DSM
- Date of Introduction: December 2012
- Type: Integrated digital music player, pre-amplifier, and power amplifier
- Dimensions: 345 mm (width) x 44 mm (height) x 196.5mm (depth)
Back Panel Connections
- MAINS INPUT - To connect to the mains electricity supply.
- FALLBACK- To put the device into Fallback mode (used when reprogramming).
- ETHERNET - To connect to a network.
- HDMI OUTPUT - To connect to a display device with HDMI inputs.
- HDMI INPUTS - To connect sources with HDMI outputs.
- ANALOGUE OUTPUT (RCA, variable/fixed level) - To connect to subwoofer or external power amplifier (or pre amplifier when internal volume control is disabled, this will also disable the internal Power amplifier/speaker outputs) with unbalanced (RCA) analogue inputs.
- IR OUTPUTS - To connect to infrared flasher devices allowing control of other products that accept infra-red signals.
- DIGITAL INPUT (Toslink) - To connect sources with Toslink (optical) digital outputs.
- DIGITAL INPUT (Spdif) - To connect sources with Spdif (RCA) digital outputs.
- ANALOGUE INPUT (line level) - To connect a turntable or line level source with unbalanced (RCA) outputs.
- SPEAKER OUTPUTS - To connect to loudspeakers, Neutrik 4 pole connector
- RC5 ACCESSORY - To connect BASIK-3 & BASIK-3IR Room Control units, (setup for RoomAmp2 connection (jumper link removed)). Standard IR receivers cannot be used in this socket. This requires a Knekt-CAT-5 cable to connect to the Linn DSM
Front Panel Connections
- IR SENSOR - Recieves IR commands
- DIAGNOSTIC LEDS - See table below for functionality
- FALLBACK (F-BACK) - To put the device into Fallback mode (used when reprogramming).
- POWER SWITCH- Switches the power on/off
- IR REPEATER CLAMP- IR Repeater Clamp fixing screws
DIAGNOSTIC LED FUNCTIONS
Slow Flash / Blink
|IR||Pulse on IR command received||Reserved for future use||Reserved for future use||n/a|
|AMP||Internal amplifier enabled||Internal amplifier disabled||Internal amplifier fault||n/a|
|AUDIO||Valid audio (digital inputs only)||n/a||Invalid audio (digital inputs only)||n/a|
|IP||DHCP IP address obtained||Default IP address obtained||n/a||n/a|
|NET||Ethernet link established||no link established||n/a||n/a|
|STBY||Device in standby||Device active||Searching for IP address (boot)||Fallback (reprogramme)|
*NOTE: All LED's will flash if 'Locate Device' request is invoked from Konfig
The Sekrit DSM has 4 DAC channels and 4 Power Amplifiers. These amplifiers can be configured in single ended mode or bridged mode. All speaker outputs (and Analogue Output) share the same common Volume control.
Connections to the speakers are made via Neutrik Speakon connectors, NL4FX. Neutrik Speakon Assembly Instructions
The single ended mode is best suited to bi-amping a pair of passive speakers or for driving multiple pairs of loadspeakers. Bridged mode is best suited to driving a single pair of loudspeakers.
The wiring details are shown below:
- 33W/channel in single-ended mode
- 50W/channel in bridged mode
Differences between Sneaky DSM and Sekrit DSM
Please read the following carefully before installing the unit in your system – your unit may need to be reconfigured by your Linn retailer.