- Product Name: Majik DS-I (renamed to Majik DSM)
- Date of Introduction: October 2009 (renamed November 2011)
- Type: Integrated digital music player, preamplifier and power amplifier
Back Panel Connections
- POWER SWITCH- Switches the power on/off.
- MAINS INPUT - To connect to the mains electricity supply.
- DIGITAL INPUTS (Spdif) - To connect sources with Spdif (RCA) digital outputs.
- DIGITAL OUTPUT (Spdif) - To connect to an external DAC or computer that has an Spdif digital input.
- DIGITAL INPUTS (Toslink) - To connect sources with Toslink (optical) digital outputs.
- EARTH GROUND - To connect to a turntable grounding terminal, or an earthing terminal if no mains earth is available, or to join to the earths of other products in the system to improve performance in areas of poor/noisy electrical earth conditions.
- DIGITAL OUTPUT (Toslink) - To connect to an external DAC or computer that has a Toslink (optical) digital input.
- SPEAKER OUTPUTS - To connect to loudspeakers
- IR OUTPUTS - To connect to infrared flasher devices allowing control of other products that accept infra-red signals.
- ETHERNET - To connect to a network.
- FALLBACK - To put the device into Fallback mode (used when reprogramming)
- RS232 PORTS - For connection to Linn source products without ethernet ports.
- ANALOGUE INPUTS (RCA, line level) - To connect sources with unbalanced (RCA) analogue outputs. Input 4 is a configurable input, which is factory set as a moving magnet phono input for connection to turntables. It can be changed by a Linn dealer to a line-level input or a moving coil phono input (moving coil is an optional upgrade).
- ANALOGUE OUTPUTS (RCA, variable level) - To connect to a preamplifier (or power amplifier when internal volume control is enabled) with unbalanced (RCA) analogue inputs.
- ANALOGUE OUTPUTS (RCA, fixed level) - To connect to an analogue recording device with unbalanced (RCA) inputs.
Front Panel Connections
- MUTE BUTTON - Mutes/unmutes the audio
- FRONT PANEL DISPLAY
- STANDBY BUTTON - Brings the unit in/out of standby
- VOLUME ADJUST BUTTONS - Changes the volume up/down
- HEADPHONE OUTPUT (3.5mm stereo) - To connect to headphones
- AUXILIARY SOURCE INPUT (3.5mm stereo) - To connect to an analogue stereo audio source
- SOURCE ADJUST BUTTONS - Changes to the previous/next source
Please read the following carefully before installing the unit in your system – your unit may need to be reconfigured by your Linn retailer.